How it Works
- Lower your taxable income – Contribute to your account on a pre-tax basis
- Convenient claim submission – Request reimbursement online, via phone or by mail as your expenses occur
- Use funds by 12/31 – You forfeit any remaining balance on January 1 of the following year, but you have until March 31 of the following year to request reimbursement for expenses incurred by December 31 of the current year
As the name suggests, the DCFSA is for dependent care expenses only, not health care. Examples include:
- Home-based day care providers who comply with all state and local regulations
- Individuals, including relatives, who provide care in or outside your home (other than dependents or your children under age 19)
- Licensed day care centers for children or adults, and nursery schools
- Nanny expenses for services provided in your home
If you sign up for a DCFSA, you can access your balance, pending claims and more through Benefit Wallet, our account administrator. Visit mybenefitwallet.com or download the BenefitWallet mobile app to stay connected.
You can only enroll in the DCFSA during Annual Enrollment or within 31 days of your date of hire. If you wish to enroll or change your election during the year, you will need to wait until the next enrollment period, typically in the fall.
Contact the Amgen Benefits Center at 800-97-AMGEN. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 5:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. PT, excluding holidays.